Monday, March 30, 2009

Pantera

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a rock star. I pretend that I was in a band, singing loudly to the music in front of my family, with my air guitar, bass, drum, and mic with my rock star style.

Paul Stanley of KISS was my hero, and KISS was the real deal back at the time.
I was introduced to KISS by a cousin of mine at an early age, I think it was when I was 8/9 years old, I can't really recall.

The only thing I can remember clearly is that I used to draw KISS in class and my friend Sandy would ask me, "What are you drawing? Are they really that scary?" and by that time I told him everything I knew about KISS.
I watch their home videos (with girls topless in it), collect their albums, posters but none of them are hanging on my wall 'cuz that's what I do when I'm into something, I would rather put them away and not touching 'em instead of playing with 'em so that I won't stain or tear 'em apart and I won't be upset for days and days and this habit continues until now. Hahaha!!

Well this is a piece that I call "Phil Anselmo", it was inspired by one of the b
est band I've ever heard, Pantera. This band has given so much for music today. They inspire rock bands to have mohawks and inspire kids to act aggressively. I think that's a good thing, so we could express ourselves freely. Salute to Dimebag Darrell (RIP) and friends, salute to Pantera. Although Phillip Anselmo (singer) is a redneck with a white pride visionary but I still think he kicks ass and I love him for that, specially when he's grinding his teeth on stage.



2 comments:

  1. It's not that I don't wanna comment, you know I love ur works.. I've seen them all, and love them all..
    And this one is mmmmhhh...love love love it.

    N yea about that habit of urs...no good! Bad Harry!

    -Nya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I missed a few spot here and there, I forgot to do his mustache and his facial hair.

    ReplyDelete